Thursday, December 19, 2019

PEACE, GOD MADE- MOTHERS


GOD COULD NOT BE EVERYWHERE, SO HE MADE MOTHERS.

A class teacher asked his young students “Supposing I give you Rs. 100 each, what would you buy with that”.

Video game, Cricket bat, Chocolates & other such items was the general reply. But one boy named Ramesh was sitting thoughtfully  engrossed in his thoughts.

Teacher approached him and asked the same question but was surprised with boy’s answer. “Sir, I would like to buy spectacles for my mother with the money”.

Teacher told Ramesh “ that your father can buy that to her. What would you buy for yourself?”

Ramesh’s reply stunned the teacher “Sir. my father is no more. My mother stitches neighbours’ clothes to make ends meet. She starts early morning and works late into the night. Lately, I have observed that her work output has gone down because of the hard work she has to put in as her eyesight is also getting weak. I would like to buy her the spects so that she earns more money, and I can also finish my higher education and show her that her hard work has been worth it's while".

After the school, teacher called Ramesh and gave him two notes of Rs 100 telling the boy to buy specs for her mother with one while the other Rs 100 is a loan with which he can buy something for himself, but return it whenever he has the money. 

TEN YEARS LATER.

A government flag staff car with security guards, halts outside the school premises. Front plate bears the inscription ‘DISTRICT COLLECTOR’ in red. Everyone is stunned to see the young District Collector stepping out of the car and asking for his teacher.

On seeing the teacher, Ramesh touches teacher's feet with great reverence. Teacher is also surprised and proud to see a poor boy Ramesh as the DISCTICT COLLECTOR. Both hug each other and have tears in their eyes. After some time, Ramesh says “Sir. I have come to pay my respects to you and return Rs 100. However, I can never repay my mother's debt".


No comments:

Post a Comment